Chia seeds are a wonderful source of protein as well as calcium. They are also an amazing source of essential fatty acids (omegas). In fact, chia has the highest Omega-3 content of any plant-based source. Omega-3 acids have been shown to help fertility by helping to regulate hormones in the body. In females it increases cervical fluid, promote a healthy ovulation and overall improvement in the quality of the uterus by increasing blood flow to the reproductive organs. In men, Omega-3 EPAs help to improve circulation to the genitals, which helps to support the reproductive system. Once pregnant, Omega-3 essential fatty acids are crucial in the development of your baby’s brain, eyes, and heart. They are also necessary in the development of a healthy circulatory system.
Chia seeds are also a natural way to help our bodies clean themselves, since the they are great at capturing toxins and flushing them out of our body.
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- Optional: 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- Any fruits, nuts or seeds you wish to add. In wintertime, we especially like to use persimmons and Asian pears.
- The night before, mix the chia seeds with the almond milk and vanilla in a small bowl or glass jar. Mix well, let sit for 5 minutes, and then mix again until it's uniform and no chia seeds are left out dry. Cover and put in the fridge overnight
- In the morning, add 1 Tbsp maple syrup and cinnamon
- Add toppings
- Breakfast is served!