San Francisco Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Massage Therapy®
What is Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® ?
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® are founded on an ancient Maya technique of abdominal massage. This technique is performed externally by gently guiding and supporting organs back into their optimal position, allowing for improved functioning for optimal health and wellness.
Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® is best known for addressing misalignment or congestion in the reproductive organs of both men and women, as well as many common digestive disorders. The techniques effectively alleviate tissue congestion and organ constriction to improve the vital flows of energy, blood, lymph and nerves in the abdomen. It addresses and can release emotional and energetic tension from the abdomen. This assists to prevent the progression of chronic disease symptomatology while improving the body’s ability to self repair and balance.
Conditions and benefits
By stimulating the circulation of blood, lymph and qi as well as helping to guide internal organs into their optimal position, Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® can ease a range of digestive, reproductive and musculoskeletal issues including:
- Gynecological Pain
- Menstrual Disorders (painful/ irregular periods)
- Pre-Conception through Postpartum
- Discomforts of Pregnancy
- Birth Preparation
- Healing from c-section/hysterectomy
- Pelvic Organ Congestion (endometriosis, cysts, fibroids)
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Chronic bladder/yeast infections
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Early stages of BPH (Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy)
- Prostatitis (mild)
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Digestive disorders (Crohn’s, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease, Gastritis, Constipation, Indigestion, etc.)
- Muscular Tension
- Urinary System (incontinence, frequent urinary infections, etc.)
- Varicose Veins
- Fertility Enhancement
- Post Surgical (scar tissue, recovery, etc.)
The technique consists of non-invasive, external massage on the abdomen and lower back. Initial sessions last 2 hours 15 minutes, and include a thorough health history and intake as well as education for self-care between sessions. Follow-up treatments last 1 hour 45 minutes.